Thursday, 25 July 2013

A Wedding Tradition

Source
A friend of mine is getting married at the end of August and she asked me to source her somethings (from the poem) as it was the one thing she didn't have a clue about.  So this is what I came up with.


The pearls are old as I took them from an old pearl necklace that was falling apart, the butterfly charm is new.  The silver heart is a pendant of mine, so borrowed and well, the blue is obvious.


I opened the spring of the safety pin slightly so I could put the beads and charms on the secure side of the pin.  The little silver beads are crimp beads as no other little beads I have would fit onto the pin.

I haven't made any jewellery in ages but it was quite enjoyable so there might be more appearing in the next few weeks.







Sharing with some of these lovely people.
 Sunday - twiggstudios Show off Sunday, bedifferentactnormal's show and tell sundayniftythrifty SundayI heart naptime's Sunday Scoopdiy showoff's Project ParadeFlamingo Toes's Think Pink LinkyPetite Hermine's Linky Party, Sunday Round up with Kayla and Heather @ kaylas creations and heatherly loves

13 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea!
    It looks really pretty, I bet your friend will adore it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea. I love the sentiment in each item as well as the symbolism. Thanks for sharing. Found you via Crafty Thurs.

    Handmade at Warratahstree

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gang at My Personal Accent thinks your post about A Wedding Tradition is WONDERFUL. We would like to invite you to party with us at our new Blog Strut Peacock Style Link Party to share your creative ideas. Come on over!! http://wp.me/P2Vf55-1K

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift. You've put so much thought into it. Your friend must be thrilled.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice idea - I might adapt this for my daughter's wedding next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea. I think lots of people would really love one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I think there is a great idea there with people putting little tokens of important things to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty. I wish I'd had something like that when I got married!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great piece, a lot of brides (me included) go out of their way to make sure they have something of each from the rhyme. I'm sure lots of people would like one, and being on a pin means you could put it anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea to put on a pin, I love the small crimp beads along the pin. :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. I'm sure lots of brides would love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww it's gorgeous! I hope she has a lovely day :-) simmi xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...